A two-days Seminar on FLOOD MANAGEMENT, SPILLWAY DESIGN AND PUBLIC SAFETY will be held just before the Symposium, on Monday 30/9/2019 and Tuesday 1/10/2019.High level international experts will lecture on the following topics:
- Design of Spillways – Selected topics of recent developments.
Instructor: Prof. Dr. Anton J. Schleiss, Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Flood forecasting, dam operation and public safety during floods.
Instructor: Dr. Bernard Joos, Stucky SA, Switzerland
- Rehabilitation, upgrading and maintenance of spillways.
Instructor: Dr Denis Aelbrecht, Electricitè de France (EDF) – Hydro Engineering Center
- Flood hydrology - State of the art plus extreme events occurrence.
Instructor: Professor Demetris Koutsoyiannis, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
- Spillways and flood propagation.
Instructor: Assoc. Professor Panos Papanicolaou, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
The Seminar will be of great value and should be attended by owners and managers of dams and reservoirs, members of Dam Safety Organizations, scientists that are interested in research on flood management and dam safety and scientists involved in the design, construction and operation of reservoirs
A separate registration will be required for the Seminar. Register by clicking the button bellow